The following documentation is built to help you with installing our iOS SDK into your project. This guide utilizes CocoaPods. A complete UI kit (Brand Messenger iOS SDK) is written in Swift.
If you do not have your Company Key and/or Application ID, you can obtain these from Khoros Support.
This installation guide covers the Pre-built UIKit of Brand Messenger iOS SDK. The iOS Brand Messenger SDK can be installed using CocoaPods.
Install the following:
- Xcode 13.0 or later
- CocoaPods 1.9.0 or later
Make sure that your project meets these requirements:
- Your project must target iOS 12 or later
- A physical or simulator iOS device for testing and running the app
BrandMessenger is available through CocoaPods. To install it,
- Open Terminal
- Navigate to the root directory of your Project (the directory containing the .xcodeproj file)
- Run the following command:
- Navigate to your project's root directory
- Open the Podfile
- Add the required items to the file (lines 2, 3, and 6 from the example below):
source 'https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs' use_frameworks! # Required to add platform :ios, '12.0' # Required to add target 'TARGET_NAME' do pod 'BrandMessenger', :git => '[email protected]:lithiumtech/ios-brandmessenger-sdk-dist.git', :tag => '0.1.0' # Required to add end
- Navigate to your project directory containing the Podfile in Terminal
pod updateto refresh the CocoaPods dependencies
- Open your project's newly-generated or existing xcworkspace to build the project
The new xcworkspace file has the pod pre-installed.
The Apple App Store requires an app that accesses the device's camera, contacts, gallery, location, and/or a microphone to add a description of why the app needs to access these features.
In the Info.plist file of your project. Please add the following permissions:
<key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key> <string>Allow Camera</string> <key>NSContactsUsageDescription</key> <string>Allow Contacts</string> <key>NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription</key> <string>Allow location sharing!!</string> <key>NSMicrophoneUsageDescription</key> <string>Allow MicroPhone</string> <key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key> <string>Allow Photos</string> <key>NSPhotoLibraryAddUsageDescription</key> <string>Allow write access</string>
Use the import example below to access the methods and classes inside the BrandMessengerUI for UIKit.
Use the snippet below to access the methods and classes inside the BrandMessengerCore iOS SDK for building a custom UI.
Updated about 1 month ago