Modern Chat Accessibility
How Modern Chat's accessibility features provide users a better experience.
The Modern Chat widget for Brand Messenger is built from the ground up for optimal accessibility in compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
By making your website accessible, you are ensuring that all potential users, including people with disabilities, have a decent user experience and can easily access your information. By implementing accessibility best practices, you are also improving the site's usability for all users.
There is no additional development effort required to take advantage of Modern Chat's entire accessibility feature set. It's baked right in!
Here is a quick rundown of the accessibility features present in the Modern Chat widget:
- Fully keyboard navigable
- Screen reader and VoiceOver compatible
- Widget contrast of 4.55:1, which exceeds level AA visibility standards
- Link Buttons include a dedicated link icon and screen reader-compatible labeling
- Focus indicator for optimal usability
- Widget elements are clearly labeled, with alt-text included for all images (avatars, etc.) and clear descriptions for all user controls
For more information about accessibility, along with tips and tricks to help you make your website accessible to more of your customers, please check out these valuable resources:
Updated 7 months ago